|Intel HDMI audio with intel 965 graphic|
Here is the easy way to get the proper Intel audio/sound driver for any operating system such as Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1:
1. Go to : http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu
2. Click "Check your drivers for system updates".
3. It will ask to install active x, install it.
4. Then it will scan your system and will display available download.
5. The result will not only show audio drivers but also list out any available drivers updates for your system .
6. Download and then install the recommend updates.
If the result shows that your system need to install IDT audio drivers, you need to install KB888111 first which available on Microsoft Website. However this installation only for Windows XP.
I strongly recommend to perform windows automatic update first. Base on my experience, chipset drivers is the most important drivers before installing other drivers.
If you have an Intel graphics, you only need to install the graphic drivers because it will automatically install Intel HDMI drivers.