Finding the right and latest drivers could be a hassle, sometimes your laptop/computers manufacturer does not provide the latest drivers for certain operating system. Now Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 already on the market. If your computer released during windows Vista or Windows 7 era, there are high chances that your manufacturer no longer provide drivers support for the Latest Operating System. So, to deal with this situation you can use automatic drivers detection which provided by the manufacturer itself. All this tools only require Internet Connection.
Official Drivers Detection Tools
1. Intel Driver Update Utility - A very convenient utility provided by Intel to keep your system up-to-date. It not only detect Intel devices, but other updates that relevant to your computer. Just click "Check your system for Updates" and it will display which driver you need to download and install.
2. AMD Driver Autodetect - This tools provided by AMD and available for AMD/ATI graphics products. If you haven't installed any drivers, or you want to update your drivers for your graphics and didn't know where to get the drivers, then this is a tool that you need. Just download and install, let it detect and download your graphics drivers and it will ask your permission to install it.
3. HP Support Assistant - This tools originally design to optimize your HP PC/Notebook performance. However it also provides drivers updates if it is available.
4. Toshiba Detection Tools - This tools will not download the drivers for your system, but it will check your system information and provide the information you needed to download the right drivers. Another tools by Toshiba is Toshiba Service Station but from users feedback it does not work well for the most part.
5. My Dell - A tool for dell products when you’re connected to the internet, it will automatically checks for software upgrades, driver updates, and patches for your device.
6. Asus - Model Automatic Detection - This online detection will detect your Asus product and redirect you to the drivers download page. Then all you have to do is download and install the drivers base on your operating system.
7. Fujistu DeskUpdate - DeskUpdate is an application for automatically software installation (drivers and utilities) and BIOS updates. This utility only applicable for Fujitsu product.
8. Gigabyte Download Centre - GIGABYTE's Download Center allows you to quickly download and update your BIOS as well as the latest system drivers. A detailed list of all new drivers are displayed along with options for download. You can view details instruction on how to use it here.
9. MSI Live update -MSI (Micro Starr international) provide a live update and currently version 6 is available. You just need to download and run the program to can your MSI system. it will list out the outdated and missing drivers you need to download and install.
Third Party Software
1. SlimDrivers Free - A lightweight program that will scan and Install and updates your drivers. Currently it is totally free. It works like other driver software which scan and list out available updates.
2. DriverMax - This could be the most popular third party software, comes with free and paid version. The only problems with this software is it failed to detect whenever a drivers require patches before installation such as IDT requires MS-UAA. However they may improve the software over time and the issue I mentioned just a minor issue with windows XP.
3. TuneUp Utility - This software mainly for PC performance, it also have the features to scan your system drivers and it is similar to those 2 drivers software I mentioned above. I use it several times but not really happy with my PC boot time and the registry cleaner wasn't works well for me.
I did not mention windows updates on the list because it did not only scan the drivers but others available updates which take too much time. Still it is one of my favorite tools to check for drivers updates.