Download the Driver for Windows 8/8.1
1. Go to Microsoft Update catalog using internet explorer browser and type Intel 965 on the search box. You will see 2 files name with:
Intel Corporation driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
2. There are 2 drivers available for windows 8. Click add and click view basket then click.
|click to enlarge|
3. Set the location which you wan the files to be stored. I select desktop for this tutorial.
4. Wait until downloads is finish and extract the cab files. (the driver is compress in cab format)
5. You will get 2 driver which is amd64 (for 64-bit) and x86 (32-bit) all in one folder. Extract both (I extract it using winrar). You can also choose one of the driver base on your Operating System.
Install the Drivers
1. Open device manager by press windows button + R and type DEVMGMT.MSC and press enter.
2. Right click on standard VGA under graphic adapter and select update driver.
3. Select browse my computer for Driver Software.
4. Select the driver folder we extracted earlier and continue with on-screen installation until finish. reboot.
1. You can also use the same method to install with your original windows 7 drivers.
2. The success depends on the driver version, so it may take a while to test which version will work.