First of all after Operating System Installation, you need to install drivers and application in correct order so that your notebook can function properly. Your drivers available on dell download site or you ask for drivers in the comment section below.
Drivers Install Order for Dell Notebooks
1. Dell System Software System Utilities/Dell Quickset
Provides critical updates and patches for the operating system.
2. Chipset driver
Chipset Helps Windows control system board components and controllers, such as USB ports and other internal components.
3. PCMCIA and/or Smartcard drivers (Card Reader)
Security Enables PCMCIA and Smartcard slot capability.
4. Intel Matrix Storage Manager Serial ATA
The Intel storage driver is only applicable to Intel chipset computers.
5. Audio driver
Audio Enables and enhances the audio controller.
6. Video driver
Video Enhances video performance.
7. Network interface card or Ethernet drivers
Network Enhances the network controller for internet or network access.
8. ControlPoint System Manager,
ControlPoint Security Manager, and ControlPoint Connection Manager
Note: This driver is only needed for some Latitude laptops, and depending on your system configuration, you might not need to install all three parts. Control Point The Dell ControlPoint (DCP) controls power management for some Dell Latitude laptops. ControlPoint System Manager controls power management and ambient light sensor settings, ControlPoint Security Manager controls security features, and ControlPoint Connection Manager controls wireless connection profiles.
9. Dell Quickset Application
Controls power management and ambient light sensors.
10. Wireless network drivers
Network Enables and enhances the wireless network controller.
11. Bluetooth drivers
Note: If this driver is not available, then your computer doesn't have Bluetooth capability. Continue to the next driver on the list. Network Enables and controls Bluetooth connectivity.
12. Mouse, keyboard, touchpad and input device drivers
Mouse, Keyboard and; Input Devices Enhances pointing device features.
13. Intel vPro or AMT (if available) Chipset
Enhances system manageability.
14. Dell wireless mobile broadband card drivers (if available) Network Enables wireless broadband connectivity.
15. Modem drivers (if available) Modem/Communications
Allows dial-up capability.
16. Dell Digitech touch screen driver (if available)
Mouse, Keyboard and Input Devices Enables touch screen input on select Dell laptops.
1. If you already install the drivers without following the correct order as shown above, don't worry, just make sure everything works in your laptop.
2. You can re-install all drivers again following the order given.
3. IF you notebook come with AMD processor, normally you won't need any chipset drivers. If you believe you need it, you can install latest south bridge drivers and AMD USB filter from AMD support site.
4. For external modem, you need to connect the modem first before modem driver installation. If you have internal modem, you will know by looking at the product specification.
5. Patch and Upgrade. For model with AMD and ATI graphic, it is recommended to install Netframework 2.0 and 3.5 (windows XP only) before driver installation.